Sinister: Lord Anthony + FAQ

Ian D. Thompson ian.thompson at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 16 10:24:29 BST 1998

dear all,

I saw Stuart M playing Lord Anthony in the old 13th Note (Glasgow) with
Mick Cooke before B&S were formed (cant remember the exact year or
anything).  The Lord Anthony bit was a reference to the label that used to
appear on the jackets made by the company of the same name, the guy in the
song has one of these jackets.  If I remember rightly these jackets were
around at the same time as the Parka jacket, but were not as cool, and the
wearers of Lord Anthonys were therefore open to ridicule.

I've heard from a reliable source that it will be released as a single
soon....

Adding to the FAQ, Mick Cooke and his bro' and a few others (cant remember
names) were in a band called "Tropical Fishes" based in Dundee
pre-Perambulator.

Ian