Sinister: wooha.ha.

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 16 11:34:59 BST 1998

IsItRite at aol.com wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> I've only been lurking for a few days and already I'm going insane with the
> amount of emails I'm getting. All of you are charming yes ;) but it fills up
> the mailbox. So...what I'm asking is how to I get you all bundled up into
> digest form?
>
> Thanks,
> Jenny

this can be the bane of everyone from time to time, and the digests are so lovely.
so even though the information is on the sinister site i'll just re-cap for
everyone how to become part of the exclusive digest list.

firstly you will need to make a new e-mail message, address it to:
majordomo at majordomo.net

leave the subject blank (actually it doesn't matter - the subject is ignored
whatever you put in it).

then put the following lines in the body of the message (the main text area):

unsubscribe sinister
subscribe sinister-digest

you should receive a message letting you know this has happened within a matter of
minutes.

note that if you're not at your usual computer or if your mail goes through a
different server (people who work at big companies, or those studying this
probably means you!), you will have to tell paul's computer which e-mail you're
at, so that way it knows which one to subscribe/unsubscribe, if so, you'll have to
type this (replacing <e-mail> with your full e-mail address):

unsubscribe sinister <e-mail>
subscribe sinister-digest <e-mail>

that's it :) now instead of receiving 60 e-mails a day, you'll get just the one
large one every now and then (currently about one or two a day) which is easier on
your mail box and makes it all seem so copeable.

note that being on the digest in no ways reduces the amount of mail, it just
bundles it all together in one nice package :)

david kitchen

     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

                         http://www.jeepster.co.uk/
                http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

                       mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list