Sinister: lolitapop dollhouse

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Sun Oct 18 23:54:18 BST 1998

ok, if anyone other than brian, matt, elisa, or tag get the topic line,
i'll give you a lollipop.

well, it's another sunday in this coastal town, did you all ever think of
new york as a coastal town?  i mean, we're really right out on the atlantic
so we are.  though i guess the town part doesn't work.  this is the first
time i've lived in a town that's situated on the ocean.  or right next too
really.  i've lived within an hour or so, but it's nice to be there.
though in all honesty, it terribly easy to forget you're on an island when
you live in new york. no matter how high you get, you keep seeing
buildings.  except for the really tall ones, like the empire state building
and the world trade center.  but i haven't been to the top of either.  have
any of you read the alienist?  it was a very good book by caleb carr, a
murder mystery that takes place in new york city around the turn of the
century.  and the characters run back and forth about town jumping from the
lower east side to christopher street and back to east 14th street in an
hour.  i barely venture to soho in a day, i can spend a week or more
without leaving the village.  but then they have carriages, and i just have
my two feet.  subways are fine but i tend to avoid them unless necessary
due to the expense.  i mean, i can walk 20 blocks and it's hard to justify
not doing so sometimes.

does anyone have any ideas for my upcoming films?  i'm thinking of doing
the next one in my friend sam's apartment, with chiruscuro lighting, like
casablanca or a sam spade detective film.  but it's kind of hard for me to
gel some of these ideas, i get so caught up in the details.  though it's
better to work from the technical side back to the story, otherwise i come
up with this complex story that could not be created with my limitations.

about belle and sebastian... i've spent so much of the list's bandwith for
my own needs that i feel like i should offer something of general interest
for everyone who's been patient enough to read this far without knowing me.
within a week the kids in boston and toronto should begin gushing out
their praises, and i'll be doing so in two weeks.  i'm a little nervous, i
hope i'm not expecting too much.  but then, i've seen lots of bands perform
before, some of whom i'd idolized even more (cause i can't adore b&s now as
much as i adored other bands when i was 15.  it just isn't the same thing)
and have yet to be disappointed when it really counted.  and anyone coming
to the new york meet ups from far away, if you'd like to be on our picnic
mailing list, which is basically just the list of addresses of people that
we send more specific info to about new york things that wouldn't be of
general interest to the whole list, you should probably write to
jonnykat at aol.com or matt at mphintz at aol.com.  or just to me, even though it
takes me a little time to reply sometimes, but i do.  you just may have to
wait for it.  ;)

xox
megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu