Sinister: I Like Edie Sedgwick's Earrings.

Carrick C Blair carrick44 at xxx.com
Mon Oct 19 05:17:53 BST 1998

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I was really going to make an effort to write more often to this here
mailing list. It was a couple of weeks ago, and I told myself that I was
going to write each day this week. Of course I never did. I....did
something else instead. Days keep slipping by, and wait, only three days
till our heroes will grace these American shores. Perfect time of year
for all of this. The leaves are falling, the nights are getting cooler.
Everything is starting to make a bit more sense. Things are coming into
focus after the hot and hazy summer. And I was stacking firewood this
evening, which as much as I'd hate to admit it, always puts me in a good
mood. Does that make me 'simple'?

So, yes, Edie Sedgwick. This all ties together somewhere. I got dragged
to New York City yesterday, to go to the Whitney Museum to see some
exhibit of some artist who I can't remember but was very good. Very big
bold paintings. Lots of emotion. Anyway, they were also showing a film of
Andy Warhol, "Outer and Inner Space". So I got to stare at four images of
Edie Sedgwick for half an hour. At one point it struck me that she
reminded me of our very own Isobelle. Maybe its just the hair cut. And
Edie was wearing these really big earrings. They were wonderful. But I
seem to remember that Edie was a bit of a mess in her later years. Didn't
the Cult write a song about her? For all those coming in for the New York
show on Sunday, maybe you can catch the film before the meet-up. There
are showings at 11.30, 12.45, 2, 3.15, and 4.30. No shows Monday or
Tuesday it seems, though. On Madison, at 75th street.

Not sure if I'll be able to make the meet up. I think my little group
will be drinking somewhere special. To let everybody know, this is Todd's
last night out on the town, since he will be moving to The South. In the
spirit of the UK after show club happenings, we were thinking of taking
our little group of friends to this place called SHOUT! Never been
myself, but its supposed to be a club in the 60's pop/soul vein. Its
quite possible that it might be filled with pretentious neo-mods. If so,
I'm sure a throng of hyped-up(possibly tipsy) Belle and Sebastian fans
can out-class any pretentious neo-mod. And I'm sure we can out do them on
the dance floor. We've all got SOUL. But just in case I'll bring a few
extra Ben Shermans, if anybody needs help getting in the door.

Some friends of mine, (including the infamous Todd) will be making a bit
of a road trip to take in the Boston and Philly shows. I got my badge(or
button as we Americans call it. A badge is something boy scouts get.) and
my t-shirt all ready. I'll be the rather tall boy with red hair. And I'll
probably be smiling.
Ready, Set, Who!!!!....I mean Go!

For those still reading, thank you. I'll save my mishearings and
questions for some other time.

love
Carrick

"I hand over my mouth...."