Sinister: belle & sebastian curse?

Carl Polgar Jr cp83985 at xxx.edu
Mon Oct 19 14:24:53 BST 1998

hello to all.

i got a speeding ticket the other day and, while being served with my
citation, i came upon this realization:

in my years of driving, i have gotten two speeding tickets (including this
latest one) and have been involved in one traffic accident.  in all these
cases, i was listening to a belle and sebastian song at the time.  the
first speeding ticket and the accident both occurred while listening to
"mayfly".  this latest ticket occurred while listening to "you're just a
baby". and on this occasion, i couldn't help but continue to sing along
whenever the cop was not asking me a question because i did not want to
miss the part at the end of the song where stuart goes, "so what's
theeeeeeeeeeeee reason for all . . . " because it's my absolute favorite
moment in that album and to miss singing along to that part would make me
sad.  of course, i could always rewind it, but it's just not the same.
anyway, the cop was actually very nice -- he reduced what would have been
a rather hefty charge ($140) by half.  if i would have had an extra copy
of tigermilk with me, i would have given it to him.

would i be banished from the list if i admitted that i don't like cheese
very much?

bye.
carl.