Sinister: She's Losing It

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Mon Oct 19 16:53:05 BST 1998

Have I inadvertently opened a can of my fellow invertibrates?
Apparently my mishearing is not only a common one, but is widely held
to be the correct lyric.

Just to recap I originally thought that the lyrics to She's Losing It went:
"the first cup of coffee TASTES LIKE washing up"

But I now believe that the actual lyric is:
"the first cup of coffee CLEARS the washing up"

I prefer the misheard version, so if anyone can prove me wrong please do.

Kevan
The Fat Slug