Sinister: Sinister soul weekender

Anne Ward A.Ward at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 19 17:45:49 BST 1998

Hello folks

As there's been so much talk about MC Tag's triumphant return to the decks
I though I'd add my tuppenceworth. John said that there were no
Sinisterines there to witness the evening's twinkly little star perform,
but that's not true, as I was there. Just because I never say anything, it
doesn't mean I'm not listening. Anyway, it was a great night with lots of
girl groups and northern soul. Generally the kind of thing you want to
shake your booty too. The people were er, pretty diverse and fashion-wise
it became clear that this season's look pour homme is a light-up t-shirt, a
dog collar and some jackboots. For the laydeez it's looking like a very
hacket version of Adrienne Posta in Up the Junction (with the 90s twist of
getting pissed and doing the splits on the dancefloor.) There was a nice
school disco feel to the evening as every time people started dancing the
record jumped, especially when Tag played that Jane Fonda record to try and
piss off the indie massive. This didn't seem to work, although one of his
ardent fans did suggest that there could have been "a bit more Roses, mate".

Anyway, everything you have heard is true. Saturday afternoon was spend on
a wonderful shopping blitz where Tag set out to buy a "soul shirt", a pair
of PJs and the world's dinkiest pair of shoes. You'll be sorry to hear that
he didn't settle for the Winceyette pyjamas (Are they the ones you get
sparks off? Anyone?) and got something tasteful in brushed cotton instead.
I'm sure he'll let everyone have a feel. Well, one of you, anyway.

You'll be glad to know that we were thinking about you lot anyway and the
whole weekend was a bit of a Sinister trail of fame what with the search
for the Duke's book (Duke, have you told anyone your real name so they can
find it?), a visit to Cafe Pop which has been named Cafe Prog in Keith's
honour and em, JJs house, which we passed about 10 times, everytime Tag
saying "JJ's house". Of course, there was also the chance to finally meet
that nice John Warrender and the lovely Emma IN THE FLESH. Meester Miller,
you were also mentioned. This was when the Smile Dj who was not Tag played
a song about going down the jobcentre and I said it was the worst song I'd
ever heard. It was Denim and Tag says you like them. I know you live in
Spain where they probably don't have pop music, but surely that's no excuse
as this really, really sucked.

Anyway, the whole thing weekend was as much fun as a barrel of monkeys and
if any of you get the chance to catch MC Tag on his "Put 'em on the glass"
tour you won't be disappointed. Just go and ask him for "something you can
dance to", like Jamiroquai perhaps and he'll be only too happy to oblige.

May the faith be with you.

Anne
xxx