Sinister: It's my happening baby and it freaks me out

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Mon Oct 19 20:53:01 BST 1998

Dear all,

Firstly thank you Anne for your lovely words, you're welcome any time.

Claire unwisely said

>I would love a copy of the Divine sounds from Keith's kitchen.

Better the divine sounds from Keith's bathroom, I suppose.  Keith,
have you been to Finland lately?  There was an article in Little
Fluffy Star's favourite magazine The Face concerning the World Air
Guitar championships.  I'm sure I spotted Keith himself, his face
contorted as if trying to shift a particularly stubborn poo.  In fact
the Artist formerly known as K!E!E!F! has been cropping up all over
the place lately, at Emma and the Emmette's house the other day pride
of place at the front of the record collection was occupied by a
record by yes...you've guessed it...Keith.

Kevan said:

>Francoise Hardy is indeed worth a listen.

Worth a listen????  Talk about faint praise.  She should be mandatory
listening. Small children should be thrashed until they submit to the
cleansing power of Francoise.

Kevan also mentions...

>an offensive drunk who often terrorises the populace of south Manchester.

...which brings me neatly to John Warrender's latest demented
ramblings:

>Someone made me a tape with over 40 French (presumably) one-hit
>wonders from the 60s. Every song is great and I was going to rattle
>off the list of artists here. Just to show how knowledgeable and super
>cool and into obscure pop I am. But erm, that would be pathetic, so I
>won't.

Warrender, you loser.  The only thing stopping from you from wanton
namedropping was the fact that I didn't give you a tracklisting.

>Well I went shopping with McTaggart for pyjamas at the weekend.
>It was more of a smut/sad old gits crossover scenario. But I did feel
>kind of 'dirty' afterwards. We also make a rather unnecessary detour
>through the ladies underwear section.

John went on to lie through his teeth even more, neglecting to inform
us that it was his idea to go to the ladies underwear section, so he
could buy a bra and pantie set, claiming it would help him to "git me
some indiepop kisser".  Luckily we managed to talk him out of the sort
of flagrant cross-dressing not seen since Count Fitchett's last Rocky
Horror Show party.

Corpora Arenacea said

>my anaconda don't want nuns unless they got buns hon
>
>Beeep
>beeeeeeeeeeep
>
>atherosclerosis, ovarian cancer,  ill-fitting-swingset-seat-bruises, and
>Raynaud's syndrome

In case we didn't get it, he then said it a couple more times.  I was
both entertained and educated by Corpora's fascinating views on body
politics, and am more than happy to believe he is just as maverick and
as he would obviously like us to think he is.

Five days, that's all.

Love Tag xxx