Sinister: UK listees: Dance to B&S, Field Mice and other indiepop/punk tun

Dr C.B.Stride C.B.Stride at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 20 11:33:07 BST 1998

** OK  - this is the last Offbeat ad' before Christmas, so if you
** want to receive any further info then join our mailing list.

Offbeat is back this Friday (23/10) and to celebrate the release of the new
Field Mice comp' they'll be a few extra Field Mice tunes + the usual
Belle and Seb'  and loads of other indiepop undeground
classics... So if you are anywhere near Sheffield, UK, then pop along
- but don't be late  - we'd sold out by about 9.30 last time.

          OFFBEAT -  a real indiepop night.......

      with late bar, free lollipops and request sheets

      Sheffield Uni' SU Raynor Lounge (non-students most welcome)

      9pm to 1am, £2.50 on the door...

  FRIDAY 23rd OCTOBER
  FRIDAY 20th NOVEMBER
  SATURDAY 12th DECEMBER

      Playing......Classic Indie, Punk POP 1977-1997 and C86/C96/new
      underground of indiepop.....

      HELEN LOVE-HEAVENLY-BELLE AND SEBASTIAN-DELGADOS
      DWEEB-CHAMELEONS-PASTELS-R.E.M.-SMITHS-PAVEMENT-
      FALL- BLUR-JAM-HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT-TALULAH GOSH-
      HEFNER-YUMMY FUR-VELOCETTE-I LUDICROUS-JUNE BRIDES
      SUPER FURRY ANIMALS-ELASTICA-CURVE-URUSEI YATSURA-
      BOGSHED-TIGER-SNUFF-DEAD KENNEDYS-PWEI-CARTER USM-
      DISCO PISTOL- COMET GAIN -VELODROME 2000-ANORAK GIRL
      STEREOLAB-CHINA DRUM-SPARKLEHORSE- BUZZCOCKS-BIS-
      WEDDING PRESENT-ASH-SONIC YOUTH-BODINES-PIXIES-CUD
      PRIMAL SCREAM (early)-GENE-SHOP ASSISTANTS-FIELD MICE
      CHILLS-PETER AND THE TEST TUBE BABIES-BLUEBOY-SCARFO.
        plus many more in the same vein......

      for more details/to join the Offbeat mailing list
          email C.B.Stride at Sheffield.ac.uk

Offbeat on the web!!
http://www.shef.ac.uk/~offbeat/

Dance to the sounds of the indiepop underground
 at Sheffield REAL indie night