Sinister: B&S Confessions

Charlotte Hall Charlotte.Hall at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 20 12:20:09 BST 1998

     I'm so desperately unhappy at work that I've decided to write to Blue
     Peter asking them for a job.

     My mum came to stay last weekend and I played her TBWTAS. She said "Is
     this Belle and Sebastian?" She's never heard them except from me. But
     then she leads a sheltered life with her Radio Four and her clay and her
     recorder pupils. I thought she'd like the recorder playing in the title
     song but she had a few things to say about the tonguing technique.

     Now I've masked it with ephemera, my confession is that I'm not so keen
     on the songs on TWATTYBUS  on which Stuart doesn't sing... after many
     listens I now find myself skipping Is It Wicked Not to Care and Seymour
     Stein because they just don't have the same appeal. I feel obscurely
     disappointed when a song begins and the "wrong" voice starts singing.
     Their voices meld beautifully with Stuart's but on their own they lack
     something...

     On a lighter note, may I add my voice to the general clamour for more
     Rod on the list? Rod, where are you?

     Charlotte