Sinister: yersinia pestis

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Tue Oct 20 14:05:56 BST 1998

Cut me some slack, Tag, I get the digest, if I'd known I'd sent it three
times I'd have apologized straight off.
	O.K. SORRY EVERYONE I HAD NO IDEA WHY OR HOW I SENT MY POST THREE TIMES
IN A ROW. IF I COULD HAVE PREVENTED IT I WOULD HAVE.
	Why do you think I'm trying to give everyone the idea that I'm some
kind of Soul Rebel? I don't have any hard and fast views on body image,
all I've really noticed about it (or thought about it) is that the
people =I'm= usually attracted to are the ones who seem perfectly happy
with who they are no matter how they look, you know, the ones with that
kind of inner dignity and confidence.  And some of them were real cows,
too. Heh heh. I think =that's= something everyone should aspire towards.
Really. The dignity and confidence part.
	The only reason why I felt the need to reply was because (Fluffy?)'s
post not only accused all men's desires of shaping women unhealthily
(which is partially true but) also that we have some kind of
easily-circumscribed monolithic desires. I don't think the crimes of
eating disorders can be lain strictly at the feet of men, particularly
after two weeks ago I went home for a weekend and at a sorority party
the "sisters" had all their pledges lined up and invited people to come
up and circle areas of fat on their naked bodies with black magic
marker. Not that sorority girls are the best or brightest (nor
fraternity brothers... some of them went so far as to circle the
pledges' breasts (!??!!?) ) but that's some pretty frightening
complicity with the patriarchy, no?
	Somebody tell me at least what a perfect world would be.
	How did we get started talking about this? I really wanted lite cream
cheese this morning, I swear, I couldn't help it.... just... one....
more.... bite...
	Hope this one sends just once,
										Love,
												Kullev