Sinister: DONKEY!

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 20 15:33:12 BST 1998

As regards the Divine mix tape, I'm afraid it has been expertly put
together on the wheels of steel by Dr "Spinmaster" Symington, and I expect
Alan too, although I'm sure Anne can keep us right on that one, so your
dreams of becoming a DJ champ are stuffed before they even began.

	I'm disappointed to see that Dr.CB Stride in his advert for his really
indie club is only planning on celebrating the release of the Fieldmice
compilation and not on celebrating the release of the Levellers and Paul
"the Modfather" Weller's greatest hits cashins that hit the shops within
the next few weeks, when can we expect nights for these?

	I found a bit about the Lotus Eaters to read by the way recently and it
turns out they were quite popular in different places, apparently they had
a top 10 hit in Italy in the mid-eighties, I liked that first picture of
you song. Do they rule? Or is it a "hand me down a can of beans" case? Oh
and I do wish I had a specially modified Pop brain, maybe one of these days
when the Bionic man becomes a reality this'll be able to happen. Talking of
Evel Knievel, they had an Evel Knievel night recently on BBC2, and it was
bloody brilliant, there was a bit where he tries to fly across a canyon,
but only makes it about 50 feet and lands in the river. The commentary is
hilarious, as they try to make everything out to be death-defying, like
when he lands, softly in the river, they're all shouting "Is he gonna be
OK? Is he going to make it to the edge alright?" etc, and he's about 15
feet from the edge of the canyon - it's just as well he's a strong swimmer.

	Carrick, your Roger Daltrey hair goes down very well with me, and I expect
Mr.Miller too, being great WHO fans as we said for several months on end
boring everyone to tears. Is your hair the 70's incarnation of Roger
Daltrey? If so, it's even better. Does anyone know if the 70's WHO plan on
releasing any new albums in the near future? It's been a while since the
last one.

Cheers,
  Keith.