Sinister: I Like Edie Sedgwick's Earrings.

Wise, Terri terri_wise at xxx.com
Tue Oct 20 16:20:13 BST 1998

The pick of Isabelle on the Arab Strap insert is very Edie Sedgwick - esque.
Edie Sedgwick did indeed have troubled later years, and earlier years, too!
She died of a drug overdose after years of abusing all kinds of drugs... and
before that she had a strange relationship with her father and I believe
lost a very close relative along the way.
Wish I had more time to chat on this!
The book is still in print - look for it.  It's by Jean Stein and George
Plimpton and it's entirely made up of pieces of interviews with people who
knew Edie at various stages in her life.  It's considered a modern
biographical classic because of its innovative format.

Terri Wise
Editorial Assistant
McGraw-Hill College
(617) 867-9805