Sinister: C'est Lenoir

Philippe Garnier Philippe.Garnier at xxx.fr
Wed Oct 21 11:12:08 BST 1998

Jake (or is it Kenny ?) asked :

>Anyway, what I was really wanting to know was what times is Bernard Lenoir
>on? and on what frequency?
>Philipp's tales of B&S, salako, and espically my fav's Looper and making me
>desperate to get a listen. Does he also play French indie music?

AM 162 kHz.
9.45-10.30pm (Paris), 8.45-9.30 (London)
It starts at 9.30pm when there is a black session.
The next black sessions :
	22.oct.98 Hefner (tomorrow!)
   	27.oct.98 Placebo
   	17.nov.98 Boo Radleys

Have a look at Lenoir's web :
http://www.radio-france.fr/inter/lenoir/summary.html

Go to the "Playlist" pages to get an idea of ... the playlists.
As an example, last monday he played :
	Tindersticks: A marriage made in heaven
	Hefner: The sad witch
        Placebo: 20th century boy
        Pulp: We are the boys
        Mercury Rev: Holes
        Snowpony: Snow white
        Mitchell Froom: watery eyes (feat. Mark Eitzel)
        Mitchell Froom: Dopamine (feat. Suzanne Vega)
        Depeche Mode: Only when I lose myself (Gus Gus remix)
        Sing Sing: Feels like summer

Actually, Bernard Lenoir does not play much french indie music.
As far as the black sessions are concerned, a few acknowledgements:
- to Loic and Gwendal who gave me the tape of the belle&sebastian's black
session.
- to Laurent who took the photos I enclosed with the tapes I've just sent
to you (3 photos, one showing Stuart M playing the trumpet). These photos
are available on the Lenoir's web.
- to Bernard Lenoir for his comments between the songs :)
- to the audience for clapping (I was there!)
- to my dubbing machine
- and TO THE BAND of course, for the magic session!

Philippe, who dub and don't stop