Sinister: Searching for the young soul rebels

Anne Ward A.Ward at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 21 13:23:46 BST 1998

Hello there

Going back to Divine mix tapes - Peter, you've got nothing to worry about.
The northern soul ones (called "Soul time", and inventively "Soul time
again") are very good, but they aren't mixed because there's not a lot of
point mixing old records that tend to have a proper start and finish, not
like some of that new-fangled dance music. You can tell they've been done
on two decks though as there isn't a five second gap and a big clunking
noise between songs, like when I do it. Still, a mix-off between PJ "and
Duncan" Miller and Andrew "Hot Pants" Divine would surely be a big
attraction at the Sinister soul weekender. Are we still having one? When I
was in an uncharacteristically good mood the other day I almost offered to
copy the tapes for all those people asking about northern soul. Then I
realised that's a bit mad when there are 700 of you and you can probably
make your own if you cobble together enough of those Kent compilations.
However, if anyone wants to offer a really good swap, like a tape of all
those B&S things that everyone's always talking about and I've never heard,
or anything by the Love Unlimited Orchestra, who I'm right into just now,
they're yours.

Plus, I've got a question. Does anyone know who sings a song that starts
"There are stars and there are German cars"? It might be called "I'm not
built for this". Someone at work has given me a tape to play name that tune
with and it's the only one I'm stuck on. They should have given it to Keith.

Ta ra for now.

Anne
xxx