Sinister: Tix for DC Show and Noodle Threads

Sam Devere samiamx at xxx.com
Wed Oct 21 14:02:07 BST 1998

If anyone has extra tix for the DC show, please let me know.  I'm
interested in at least two...

To piggy-back on previous threads...one of my fave magazines is the Big
Takeover.  They are rather opinionated, but offer loads of mostly indie
reviews.

Regarding the Julie Christie thread, Stephen Duffy wrote a song titled
'Julie Christie' in the mid-80s.  This is when he sounded aweful.  Does
anyone remember 'Kiss Me'?

I saw the Lucksmiths in DC a few weeks ago.  I thought they were very
good.  The singer (Marty?) had a huge grin on his face the whole show.
Those lads need to drink some more beer or something cause the three of
them combined can't weigh more than a buck-o-five -- no offence to the
skinnies on the list.  I loved the live version of 'Jewel Thieves' --
such great guys it's hard to believe.

Saw Dweezil Zappa and Lisa Loeb (ok it was a free ticket for some hi
falutin Democratic party affair).  They played solo, she with an
acoustic, he with electric.  It was rather amusing because he kept
throwing in these Van Halen riffs in the middle of Lisa delicate
strumming and all the drunk democrats were clueless.

Regarding the similarity between the Trash Can Sinatras 'Unfortunate
Age' and the B&S song, there's an even stronger correlation with a
Northern Picture Library song off 'Alaska'.  I believe it's song eleven.
The intro piano piece (which is about 6 seconds long) is identical, I'm
surpised that TCS were able to get away with it.

Sam

'Like the books we've strummed
We're dog eared and well-thumbed' - Trash Can Sinatras