Sinister: You Fill Up My Senses Like A Walk In The Forest

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Oct 21 18:07:25 BST 1998

Trousers! Call the cops! Someone's using my drag queen name!

Are we still having listee of the month awards? If so, I
vote for Cynthia. I'd kind of overlooked her in the past,
but I can assure you it won't happen again. Cynthia is
obviosuly a wonderful, warm-hearted human being with a keen
appreciation of the true essence of Belle and Sebastian.
Cynthia, I salute you. How long is long endurance? Lazy Line
Painter Jane? The Rollercoaster Ride? I can just about
manage Simple Things at a push if I've been taking my
vitamin tablets properly.

Anne wrote:

Going back to Divine mix tapes - Peter, you've got nothing
to worry about.
The northern soul ones (called "Soul time", and inventively
"Soul time
again") are very good, but they aren't mixed because there's
not a lot of
point mixing old records that tend to have a proper start
and finish, not
like some of that new-fangled dance music.

Phew! That's a relief. My tape will consist almost entirely
of Kent compilations, but fortunately some of them are
disc-dubbed, so they sound pretty shit anyway. I shall call
my tape "Oh No - Not Soul Time Again!".

"Theres some grim looking badgers down the tut'n'shive,
Peter Millers
got a balsawood dildo..."

My friend Sarah wrote that, no doubt gurning at the same
time, just like JO DUNNE and her trademark star-shaped
sunglasses from We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use it.
Will I be getting previously unreleased Alarm demos?
Speaking of Fuzzbox, whatever happened to my hero, the
extravagantly talented TED CHIPPINGTON? Brummie's rule,
that's why I like Denim. Who wants a go with my balsawood
dildo then?

Tragically, I can't think of anything else to say, other
than to repeat the other Arantxa's recommendation of the
fantastic film "Los Amantes del Circulo Polar" by Julio
Medem. It's got distribution in America, so at least some of
you should be able to see it. You'll like it, it's even got
a bit of wanking in it. Welcome aboard Arantxa. It is a
strange coincidence that you are from Arantxalandia and you
live in Nottingham, and I am from Nottingham (well, not far
away) and I live in Arantxalandia.

Gero arte,

Peter