Sinister: west coast

donovan finn donovan at xxx.com
Wed Oct 21 22:21:07 BST 1998

> i shant be going to any of those belle and sebastian shows, since california
> apparently isnt important enough to rate a stop this time around (but athens
> is, right?  yep.)

Reasons why Belle and Sebastian are not doing West Coast dates until next year:

1) Belle and Sebastian are busy people.
2) Coordinating availability and travel plans for a band and crew totalling
13 people is EXTREMELY difficult, time-consuming and expensive.
3) Athens/Atlanta is a very important market for an artist of Belle and
Sebastian's status.
4)Athens is a 15 hour drive from NYC. Any point on the west coast is AT
LEAST a 48 hour drive. In order to fit as many shows as possible into the
band's small amount of open time, we opted to wait on the west coast till
next year.
5) Next year the folks in the rest of the country will be making the same
complaint you're making now, when you are seeing the band and they are not.
You can't make everybody happy all the time.

-donovan