Sinister: RE: sinister-digest V2 #423

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 22 03:02:15 BST 1998

Kevan Cooke, wrote...

"Did anyone else ever watch the wrestling on ITV?  Not the WWF stuff, the
old
UK wrestling with Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks that they used to show until
the mid-eighties."

Oh yes indeedy and it was. Ace.  Every Saturday afternoon at 4o'clock me and
me Nan used to sit down and watch the wrestling. Wasn't Kendo Nagasaki a
mean git ?. I felt sorry for Big Daddy's tag team partner, cos they always
had to have the crap beaten out of them for ten minutes, then somehow crawl
over to the corner to tag BD before he kicked the shit out of the opponent.
They do all the hard work, then he waltz's in a takes the glory. Doesn't
seem fair to me.

Then Sam wrote....

"Regarding the Julie Christie thread, Stephen Duffy wrote a song titled
'Julie Christie' in the mid-80s.  This is when he sounded aweful.  Does
anyone remember 'Kiss Me'?"

Oh that was bad, if I remember right it contained that immortal line "Kiss
me with your mouth" except the words were staggered making it sound really
silly, niiiice. 87) Still it could have been worse, it could have been
"Icing on the Cake", now that was BAD.

OI Fluffy, when you eventually get round to reading this, "Icing on the
Cake" is on that horrible NOW5 thing, hear how bad it is.

Mr Miller wrote....

"Theres some grim looking badgers down the tut'n'shive,
Peter Millers
got a balsawood dildo..."

"My friend Sarah wrote that, no doubt gurning at the same
time, just like JO DUNNE and her trademark star-shaped
sunglasses from We've Got a Fuzzbox and We're Gonna Use it.
Will I be getting previously unreleased Alarm demos?"

Nope, you'll be getting some tippity top Welsh tunes, by some of the bestest
Welsh bands around and by bands who the people who are in the bestest Welsh
bands used to be in.... and Mixies Men, who somehow made it on despite being
from Birkenhead, on the strength that A), They're fantastic and B) They used
to support Anherfn a lot.

Sarah gurning, never, actually we were in the pub thinking, "my god this
place is shit". Hehehe  funny you should mention the mullet kings there. I
came across a copy of Declaration (it's the first Alarm album for those who
don't know... which is probably all of you) in the market. Sarah found the
cover a mixture of amusing and scary, I don't say I blame her much do you ?.

See ya

Gary