Sinister: I'm turkey-hungry, I'm chicken-free, and I got into U of Missouri...

Erin Lewis erinlew at xxx.com
Thu Oct 22 03:32:53 BST 1998

Hey kids,
     My punk boyfriend has been converted!  I was convinced it would
take many, many listens over many, many roadtrips, but all it took was
"Simple Things" as song #1 on a mix tape I just sent him.  (Individual
B&S song he's ever heard.  So if any you have friends who love Fugazi
and June of '44, there is salvation in "Simple Things".
     But!  That is not what I chose to write about today.  I have
recently been accpted into the Masters of Photojournalism program at the
University of Missouri - Columbia, and I'm leaving January 2.  This
means no trip to England (unless someone can think up a magic plan), and
more importantly, no trip back to California to see Belle & Sebby when
they go west.  So I've sent Katrina an e-mail begging B&S to stop by
Missouri on their second US tour.
     But!  I've just realized that unless there are B&S fans in
Missouri, or somewhere reasonably close (8 hours is close enough for me,
e.g. Memphis, etc.), then why would they play there?  "Athens is a very
important and credible market," to paraphrase Mr. Donovan Matador, but
St. Louis is perhaps not.  So!  All of you who are hiding near Missouri
or would contemplate traveling there to see the show, please make
yourself known!!!!!!  Or I will never see B&S in this century.  And!  If
they don't play Missouri, at least I will have someone to picnic with
during the school year.  I make lovely potluck dishes, and I am quite
friendly.  So vote for me, errr... Missouri!  Yeah, because everyone
knows it's the BEST (and I'm not just saying that because Columbia is a
poo town that just happens to be the best/only place to get a masters in
photoj).

Love, Miss Erin (Erin #1)

P.S. Hello to Erin D., Erin #2!

Pee S.  I know a boy who thought Sade's "Smooth Operator" was actually
"Roo Oppa-didda".  It has a nice ring to it, but what about midgets?