Sinister: re:TRACY COLE

bryan murphy bryan.murphy at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 22 13:38:08 BST 1998

I suddenly remembered a tale about an Ex-friend of mine.
      Once upon a time there was a girl from Essex called Michaela Barrett.
She wasn't a very pretty girl but she left the wastelands of Essex and
travelled up to the paradise that was Glasgow, where the young and
impressionable Michaela was exposed to the harmonies and beauty of Belle and
Sebastian, by a stranger who took pity upon the plight of this poor little girl.
      Now because Michaela was shy she didn't know how to tell the world how
she felt about the love of her life, another girl by the name of Tracey
Cole...some would say that this illicit homosexual relationship would have
blossomed into a strong, poignant and powerful romance, but Michaela didn't
know how to express herself. As a defense mechanism Michaela, became what
her Scottish friends referred to as a "scunner". A "scunner" is a coniving,
manipulative and devious bastard and people would line the streets to shout
obscenities at her; F~?K OFF YOU ARROGANT BASTARD and such like.
      One day young Michaela went off to study at Stirling, which
incidentally is full of other ugly and exceedingly unattractive people...so
young Michaela was in good company. She could wax lyrical about her
fascination with Belle & Sebastian, why she wore terylene pants, why she
wanted to become a real man and why she couldn't go to the minister whenever
she was feeling sinister.
      Anyway, to cut to the chase...Michaela left Stirling, went down to the
Reading, where she tasted such fruits as she had never tasted before...and
once again became an arrogant bastard, gave up her love of the heavenly
Tracy Cole and lost the innocence of being in Glasgow. But finally she was home.
      And the moral of this story is...dont be a wanker!
                Love you Michaela