Sinister: Chris Tarrant's masochists

Shearer, Calumn Calumn.Shearer at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 22 13:45:03 BST 1998

</LURK>

Stu wrote:
>----------

This conversation's reminded me of the book "Espedair Street" by Iain
Banks (go read!)
It's all about a rock (?) star called Wierd, and his life. It's a lot
better than I make it out to be. honest!

anyway, in one bit he's talking to a record company exec called Rick,
who says something about how in the "old days" he could.....ahem.....
make sweet love to the sound from all 3 disks of a concept album.....
but nowadays he can't even manage an EP.....

oh, and they recorded the book for Radio 4, as a sort of "musical
biography" of the (fictional) band "Frozen Gold".... presented by Paul
Gambachini.
So that ties in quite nicely with the Gambachini thread too!

It's nice to see our American cousins enjoying the shows (I wish I was
there, I could carry the band's sexual apparatus or something!) but I
must make a small confession...
I did it.
No, that wasn't it....

I had wondered why the band were playing on the east coast of the
USofA..... and then flying to Greece to play in Athens.
Doh! I really should have paid attention in geography class, but I was
too busy pulling Lucy Black's hair.....

serves me right for not paying attention to current affairs. and paying
too muck attention to Lucy's hair.
For the benefit of any "new people", my picture's not up at Honey's
website (yet.....) but you can see Lucy (she's the one called St. Lucy)

I'm off to insult good looking women so that I have toexplain to them
what an arab strap is.
I left mine at home today, otherwise i could have demonstrated!

thicky-Calumn-thicky-Shearer-thicky

Disclaimer: Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental. Any resemblance between the above and my own views is
non-deterministic. The question of the existence of views in the absence
of anyone to hold them is left as an exercise for the reader. The
question of the existence of the reader is left as an exercise for the
second god coefficient. (A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral
polytheism is beyond the scope of this article.)

and I was kidding about the St. Lucy thing....... but I did pull Lucy
Black's hair in geography.... it's not big and it's not clever, but is
_was_ a junior attempt at flirting...... besides, she pulled mine first.