Sinister: Rain that won't Let Up

Kara Baer kebaer at xxx.edu
Thu Oct 22 14:53:27 BST 1998

Good Morning..

I've been lurking on the list for quite a while now.  I've wanted to join in, but felt like the shy little girl at the playground...watching a game of hide and seek.  It's been a rainy dreary morning down here in Southern Maryland, the kind of rain that sinks down into your soul so you feel soggy and waterlogged all day.

I fell in love with B&S when our campus station recieved IYFS.  I "borrowed" it and listened to it over and over.  What grabbed me first was Stuart's voice.  I adore lovely voices...for that reason I'm a huge Mama Cass fan, but I think you have to be(hee hee).  I waited and waited for my copy of TBWTAS and finally broke down and bought the 3 EPs, even though I'm only a poor college student.  I cashed in my pennies and nickels.

Um..I'll be attending the Philadelphia and DC shows.  I look forward to meeting you lovely people.  I'm about 5'10 and I just shaved my head, so I should stick out in the crowd.  I'm very excited.  I'm taking the train to Philly and meeting my friend Beth, who goes to art school and also shaved her head on a totally unrelated occaision.  She's living with 3 guys at the moment.  One of them, Jean-Paul, lost something and had to go to Europe to find it.  He calls and leaves messages from time to time to let them know he's still there and not in Philadelphia where he should be.

I'll be going to Glasgow for a semester in January, and I would hate to have missed them.  (Does anyone here attend the University of Glasgow? )

And about Nutella:
   When I was a little girl, I lived in Germany.  (I had curly blond hair and a durndel)  I remember coming inside out of the cold and my mother giving me half a brotchen, with Nutella.  It was my favorite snack.  Mmmmm  nostalgic....I think someone mentioned pictures of Nutella in the snow.  I'd love to see those.

Love Kara

PS  Teri, I peeked around your website.  It's lovely.

"One way ticket take me anywhere,
  Northbound, Southbound I don't even care."

Mama Cass Elliot