Sinister: I think we're alone now,

Michael Michael.Barrett at xxx.com
Thu Oct 22 15:23:26 BST 1998

Kevan says
>Someone, probably someone called Jessica, suggested getting down to some
>low down dirty sweaty squelchy stuff to a soundtrack of Belle and
Sebastian.
>Surely the only music appropriate for such things is a smattering of Isaac
>Hayes (for preliminary smoochiness) followed by the William Tell overture.

No, no, no, no.  THE lurve makin' soundtrack has to be Lets Get It On, by
Marvin Gaye.  The ladies dig it.  The most.  And rather than the WTO can I
suggest the Ode to Joy part from Bette's 9th followed by the ending of the
1812 Overture (big thrust at every cannon).  Ok, its a bit of nuisance
getting up to change the CDs (especially between Ode and 1812), but the
overall effect is definitely worth it. Possibly.

Bryan told us...
>Once upon a time there was a girl from Essex called Michaela Barrett.
>She wasn't a very pretty girl but she left the wastelands of Essex and
>travelled up to the paradise that was Glasgow, where the young and
>impressionable Michaela was exposed to the harmonies and beauty of Belle
and
>Sebastian, by a stranger who took pity upon the plight of this poor little
girl.

What a touching story - so sensitively told. It rings a bell though - has it
ever been made into a film?

Burt/Rachael gave us the Jive On page.  Can someone do a B&S version of the
Clickable Jive Guy?

And lastly, a bit of old-fashioned smut:
  How can you tell which is the head nurse?
  The one with the dirty knees.

The beating of our hearts is the only sound,
  Michael