Sinister: Kinky Kitchen Utensils

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Oct 22 16:30:46 BST 1998

On the day that Katrina told us that our dreams WILL come
true, and David informed us of the massaging bonus effects
of arab strap use (which I still don't understand, by the
way...does it stop your Captain Mainwaring from standing
fully to attention? Wouldn't that hurt? And isn't your
clitoris up your bum? How does it massage up there?), I can
think of nothing to say other than to point out a possibilty
for UK listees to "enjoy" a bit of Dylan in the movies.
According to my link with the outside world, Q, Channel 4
are showing "The Last Waltz", Martin Scorsese's film of The
Band's final concert (I think) with lots of special guests,
including Dylan. I watched this film once, and I thought it
was absolute shit (apart from the monumental Staple Singers)
from a musical point of view. But the behind the scenes
stuff between songs is really good, especially if you like
suffering and pain. My favourite moment is when the one with
a beard and a wierd wahtahmelluns look in his eye explains
what he likes best about touring, which is of course
referred to as "the road". Sadly, I don't know what this
man's name is, but I want to be like him. It's on tomorrow,
according to Q, and it'll probably be on late at night, so
you can video it and fast forward through the rubbish bits.

Whilst researching my upcoming Northern Soul showdown, I
happened upon the following:

"Lynne signs her letters with "Keep the Faith". Lynne is a
civil servant during the week. Lynne works in a newsagent on
a Sunday morning. Lynne is into Northern Soul."

and, perhaps even more revealingly:

"But Keith is constantly on the floor, Keith is a good
dancer, dedicated at it, elastic legs for it, hair blown
specially for it."

No further comment is necessary, I feel.

Peter