Sinister: 9th and hennipen

Burt Reynolds chigger88 at xxx.com
Thu Oct 22 18:25:19 BST 1998

Someone with obvious good taste wrote:

>As a shared love of Tom Waits seams to be involved in all the greatest
of my
>friendships, I am quite keen for the person who keeps mentioning him to
get in
>touch, I have a plan to have a tom waits fan friend on every continent.

To continue with TWO threads, i.e., Tom Waits and Celebrity sightings...

I worked at this bar/coffee shop for a couple of weekends in Petaluma
California.  I was just helping out a friend.  One particularly dead
Saturday, this scruffy guy shambled in.  He sat at the bar and ordered a
red wine in his patented whiskey-stained voice.  A red wine.  Merlot to
be exact.  I brought the glass back to him and gushed on and on about
how much a loved his music.  I chattered at him incoherently for an
eternity.  Watching myself in horror, I was finally able to shut up.  I
told him the wine was on the house.  He said, "No, no, no, no...let me
pay for it."  Which he did.  I felt like a complete moron. Thank god I
didn't ask for his autograph.

Next time:

A big tip from Don Johnson

Yers,