Sinister: the Troc, midterms, smut, & Chinese food

Kristin Bierfelt (MFA) Kbierfelt at xxx.org
Thu Oct 22 19:10:00 BST 1998

<<in the first row at the Troc.>>
I can assure you that there is no such organization there.  :)

If y'all can't get toward the front, best hang out by the bar (where a
girl formerly known as Rage-Against-the-Megan used to work, wonder if
she's still there?) and maybe you can boost yourself up over the heads
of the kids in front of you.

The good thing about that place is the floor is a bit sloped, and so
short girls like me don't have to always not see anything.  (Like the
Pontiac Grille on South St., where line-backer high schoolers form walls
of shoulders across an already way-too-narrow space.)  The bad thing is
that it's so stinkin'  wide that you feel like you're far away from the
bands.

T-shirts are usually sold in this little alcove-y place to the right of
the vestibule.  Probably a good idea not to wait until after the show to
get stuff.

This is the first time I'll be there for a non-punk rock show.  How
strange will it be not to see the straight-edge thugs all hefting around
in their Stackhouse jerseys with gothic tattooing across their shoulder
blades.  Hey, since it's not a punk show, maybe I CAN get close to the
front since there'll be no mosh pit.  How lovely!

So I was sitting there this morning, at Morse, taking a test, trying to
imagine what the scene was like last night with all the pop stars that
were running around.  I'm psyched it was good.
Hope they play Space Boy Dream in Philly too.

By the way, B&S are yummy for early morning, sleepy,
oh-hey-all-of-a-sudden-we're-having-sex sex.  Or so I've recently
discovered.  ;)

<<Whew!  I feel like Mr. Tour Guide.  Anyone want to know of some good
<<vegetarian Chinese restaurants while I'm at it?  (The Trocadero is
located
<<in Chinatown)
Thanks Mr. Tour Guide!  :)
The Troc is also not too far from Doc someone-or-other (Johnson's?) Good
Time Emporium (or something sleazy like that) for those of you who have
lots of quarters left over for peep show booths.  :)

The Chinese place directly across from the entrance on the corner of
10th and Arch is pretty yummy too, and the woman who runs the show (at
least, a couple years ago) is a lot more tolerant of grungy post-rock
and roll kids stumbling in there all starving at 11pm than a lot of
other places would seem to be.  There's also a Wawa (7-11 ish place;
ahhh Wawa, how Pennsylvania you are...) across the street closer to 11th
for your pre-show Tastykake and Gatorade needs.

I'm so loving the fact I'm going home to PA for a good show.
Anyone have any yarn/ribbon/etc. ideas?

(Sorry I'm like a total list newbie posting these obnoxious long
rambles.)

I'm IDAHO!
xo, Kris