Sinister: More Philly stuff, Art Museum

Kristin Bierfelt (MFA) Kbierfelt at xxx.org
Thu Oct 22 19:21:00 BST 1998

Just so y'all know...
There's a WONDEFUL show at the PMA (http://www.libertynet.org/pma/) now:
Cornell and Duchamp.
Cornell made these wonderful little boxes and diorama things and was the
world's greatest pack rat.
All sparkles and fairies and snowy woods.  He had an Emily Dickinson
thing too.
I wrote a paper about him in college:
http://members.aol.com/Rubyof44/cornell/cornell1.html
And Duchamp, well, everyone knows Duchamp and the Bride with her
Bachelors and R. Mutt's toilet etc...
I wrote this essay (which is at the end of the site I just listed) about
how Cornell was all indierock before his time.  I'm a big geek, I know.

And the Cy Twombly room (50 days at Iliam series of paintings) is
near-religious.
Please go if you're just bumming around before the show.
It's open until 5, so you'd have plenty of time to get back to the Troc
first.

One of the best 20th century collections in the country, best I've had a
chance to see yet at least.

xo, Kris, who needs to subscribe to the digest because this is just too
damn distracting at work... :)