Sinister: Philly Veg Chinese Restaurants...let the debate rage!

FourJacksandaJill bkim0 at xxx.edu
Thu Oct 22 20:24:47 BST 1998

OK, OK, I *used* to be a Cherry Streeter...but now I'm way more into
Singapore and Vietnam Restaurant.  Harmony was pretty good too (the best
way to judge a veggie Chinese place I've decided is see how good their
General Tao's Chicken is) but the service wasn't quite as friendly as I'd
like.

Plus at Singapore you get these funky things at the end of your meal--I
guess you could call them banana dumplings.  And that's in addition to
your orange slices and fortune cookies (in bed).  And their staff is
wonderful.

Vietnam Restaurant (all these restaurants are right off of 11th Street
btw) is great for its very speedy service, giving you your own pitcher of
icewater (what a concept! why wait to be quenched?), very affordable
prices ($4-$6 an entree), and delicious rice pudding combos and coffee
served with evaporated milk.  I brought the Lucksmiths here, and they gave
it the big thumbs-up.  But my word should be enough, shouldn't it?:)

As for Doc Johnson's...jeez Kristin, are you a bigger perv than me?  Who'd
a-thunk it!:)

Xavier
--
BXK	 	                                  "It's recess everywhere
bkim0 at dept.english.upenn.edu                       but in his heart."