Sinister: Rather Important Petition

Putneysays at xxx.com Putneysays at xxx.com
Thu Oct 22 21:02:52 BST 1998

Dear Belle And Sebastian Listees,
 sorry to post the list, but I thought this was rather important.  Please add
your name to this list, whether you happen to be homosexual, bisexual, or just
a straight person who's disgusted with the recent killing of Matthew Shepard
in Wyoming, like I am.
Thanks,
Susannah

 Please consider supporting this supportive gesture towards American
 Airlines - after all, isn't public health about social justice?

 Add your name to the list & pass it on...

Dear Friends,

  American Airlines is a major sponsor to and supporter
     of groups like:

     GLADD,
   the Human Rights Campaign,
   the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund,
    the AIDS Action Foundation,
    DIFFA,
    AmFAR,

     and scores of community-based groups representing
   gays and lesbians.
   It is also the first airline to adopt a written
  non-discrimination policy covering sexual orientation
    in its employment practices.
    In an unusual joint letter released to the media on
    March 14th from the Family Research Council,
    Concerned Women of America, American Family
    Association and Coral Ridge Ministries, American
     Airlines was openly criticized about their policy.
   Radical right leader Beverly LaHaye also went on
    Christian "talk radio" on Friday to blast American
     Airlines because American's sponsorship of
     homosexual 'pride' events constitutes an open
    endorsement of "promiscuous homosexuality."
     She and the other groups have written Bob Crandall
     at American to complain that the airline has "gone
     beyond mere tolerance" of gays and lesbians.
    It has come to the attention of the gay and lesbian
  community that American Airline's switchboard and
     e-mails are being bombarded now by homophobic and
     hateful callers who have been urged by LaHaye and
     others to DEMAND the company terminate its
    gay-friendly policies.

     Please add your name to this petition and forward it
    to as many people as you can. To add your name just
     cut and paste this onto new mail and send it out!
    If you are the 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th, etc. person to
    sign this petition then also please forward this to
     American Airlines at Webmaster at amrcorp.com

   Thank you.

     To American Airlines:

     We, the undersigned, support your gay/lesbian rights
    policies and commend you for your efforts in ending
  discrimination. Thank you for your dedication to such
  issues and please continue to remain active in the
   struggle to end discrimination.

 > > >     1.  Tom Toomey, N.Y.
 > > >     2.  Mark Poulin, S.F.
 > > >     3.  Cam Wilson, S.F.
 > > >     4.  Jon Sharpe, Seattle
 > > >     5.  Eric Spivack, Seattle
 > > >     6.  Doug Leavers, Vancouver
 > > >     7.  Steve LeBel, Vancouver
 > > >     8.  Dale Essar, Vancouver
 > > >     9.  Ray McNabb, Vancouver
 > > >     10. Peter Wachowich, Vanc ouver
 > > >     11. John Murphy, Vancouver
 > > >     12. Greg Madison, London UK
 > > >     13. Rae Ann Robertson, Vancouver, Canada
 > > >     14. Vanessa Benson, London, UK
 > > >     15. Sarah Lewendon, London UK
 > > >     16. Martin Egan, London UK
 > > >     17. Tony Comerford, London UK
 > > >     18. David Kelly, Edinburgh UK
 > > >     19. Cathal O'Farrell, London UK
 > > >     20. Daniel Victorio, London UK
 > > >     21. Michael Scott2121, London UK
 > > >     22. Phillip Dexter, London UK
 > > >     23. Angela Brown, Napier, NZ
 > > >     24. Sandra Firman, Napier, NZ
 > > >     25. Clare Bear, Wellington, NZ
 > > >     26. Philip Patston, Auckland, NZ
 > > >     27. Pepijn Zwanenberg, Utrecht, the Netherlands
 > > >     28. Estelle Josso, Utrecht, the Netherlands
 > > >     29. Sander Plug, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
 > > >     30. Leon van Geest, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
 > > >     31. Reinko Hallenga, NL
 > > >     32. Suzanne Brink, Delft, the Netherlands
 > > >     33. Mirjam Lensink, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
 > > >     34. Fjodor Molenaar, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
 > > >     35. Sudeep Dasgupat, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
 > > >     36. David Hughes, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
 > > >     37. Joe Hughes, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
 > > >     38. Laura Hughes, Los Angeles, CA
 > > >     39. David Henry Hwang, New York, NY
 > > >     40. Kathryn Layng, New York, NY
 > > >     41. Oliver Ramsey, Chicago, IL
 > > >     42. Nancy Tom, Chicago, IL
 > > >     43. Julia Allen, Chicago, IL
 > > >     44. Alan Makinen, Chicago, IL
 > > >     45. Robin Brack, San Jose, CA
 > > >     46. James Hotchkiss, San Diego
 > > >     47. Debbie Williamson, San Diego
 > > >     48. Ken L. Jones, Pensacola FL
 > > >     50. Rick Guilds. Los Angeles CA
 > > >     51. Randall Anderson
 > > >     52. John Frenken
 > > >     53. Rick Melendez
 > > >     54. Steve Schenk
 > > >     55. John Carey, San Diego CA
 > > >     56. Wendi Whiles
 > > >     57. Carol Scott, Kansas City
 > > >     58. Jim Giles, Kansas City
 > > >     59. Aaron Andes, Kansas City
 > > >     60. Stephen L. Scurletis, St. Louis, MO
 > > >     61. Steven M. Pfeiffer, St. Louis, MO
 > > >     62. Vasili Haralambous, Raleigh, NC
 > > >     63. Steven Koenig, Brooklyn, NY
 > > >     64. Gladys Kravitz, Staten Island, NY
 > > >     65. Robert Tobon, Milwaukee, WI
 > > >     66. Lynn Matthes, Highland Falls, NY
 > > >     67. Beth De Voe, Williamstown, MA
 > > >     68. Jay Sachs, Williamstown, MA
 > > >     69. Catherine Sachs, Flagstaff, AZ
 > > >     70. Abby R. Spiro, NewYork, NY
 > > >     71. Don Bapst, San Francisco, CA
 > > >     72. Jonathan Boardman, Daytona Beach, FL
 > > >     73. Klaid Karpuzi, Daytona beach FL
 > > >     74. Alex Iliopolis, Daytona Beach, FL
 > > >     75. Wayne Whiston, Daytona Beach, FL
 > > >     76. Russell Hayes, Daytona  beach, FL
 > > >     77. Michael Hayes, daytona Beach, FL
 > > >     78. Richard Valdmanis, Riga, Latvia
> [...]
              98. Barbara Lavergne, Raleigh, NC
              99. Eve Meyerson Raleigh, NC
            100. Tracy Gamble,  Dallas, TX
            101. Patrick Boothe, Grapevine, TX
            102.  Susannah Grossman, Scotch Plains, NJ