FW: Sinister: Philly show

Kristin Bierfelt (MFA) Kbierfelt at xxx.org
Thu Oct 22 22:08:00 BST 1998

Mr. Matthen William Snyder was supposed to send this to the list, not
just me.  Here ya go:
 ----------
From: matthew william snyder
To: Kristin Bierfelt (MFA)
Subject: Re: Sinister: Philly show
Date: Thursday, October 22, 1998 4:57PM

| <<Anyone going to the B&S party after the
| <<show as well?
|
| Where is the Philly shin-dig?
| Sorry if I've missed you people saying this 42 times before.

okay, i'll clear this up for you all.

my friend julie and i have organized a POST-concert party.  yes,
it was originally going to be a pre-party, but due to the fact that
many people are coming from far away and aren't going to be able to
make it until almost show time, and because most of us want to get to
the trocadero early, we have decided to make it a post-party.  this is
not to say that if you're looking for something to do before the
concert, you shoudln't come over.  by all means, you should come to
the party house whenever you get to philly if you so desire.  there
will be a sinister contingent there before the show starts.  then we'll
be going to the show en masse.

if you need directions to the house, please check the archives for a
message sent earlier today by one BXK, whose nifty four-piece Clock
Strikes Thirteen will also be playing after the concert -- they are
definitely worth seeing, even if the party is in some way competing
with their performance.  there are also directions on the jeepster
meet-up web page.

i will be handing out flyers at the door of the trocadero before (and
maybe after) the concert for the meet-up, so hopefully it will be pretty
well-attended.  at any rate, look for me, i'll be the kid in the
ladybug transistor t-shirt with really long red hair.  and a name
sticker.

if anyone can bring any food/drink, please do so.  it will be greatly
appreciated.  of course, all are welcome.

anyone else have opinions on cinerama (the openers)?  i have heard
only bad things.  of course, i heard only bad things about the
american analog set, but i picked up their albums anyway and they
blew me away.

re: philly vegetarian chinese restaurants (which does seem to be the
raging debate at the moment) -- i second mr. kim's recommendation
of singapore vegetarian on 10th and race streets.  the fried bananas
at the end of the meal make it worth the trip.  the food is sauce-
heavy, though, which is a bit off-putting to some.

smut for the list: we got the latest frederick's of hollywood catalog
today at my office, and it includes an item for men called "the freedom
pouch" which looks a bit like an upscale jockstrap.  it "suspends from
a single elastic waistband, leaving the rear completely strap-free" --
obviously directed at those for whom butt coverage is simply too
constricting.

okay, so that wasn't smut, but just imagine me in one, and see where
that takes you.

matthew