Sinister: need an excuse!

debbie.spiers at xxx.ca debbie.spiers at xxx.ca
Thu Oct 22 18:40:00 BST 1998

twattybus is humming mellowly away in my ears while i bump and jiggle
around on the bus ride home.  then, uncharacteristically i begin to grin.
why?
in 72 hours belle and sebastian will actually be in toronto.  no big news
to everyone, but i haven't actually let it set in untill now.  i was so
stressed about a huge test i had yesterday, that the thought of belle and
sebby couldn't get through.
i arrived home yesterday, intent on finishing my readings on ostracism and
write the paper that is due today.  has it been done yet?  my class fast
approaching?  actually in about 20 minutes?
of course NOT.  i got overly giddy yesterday.  i just couldn't sit myself
down and write a paper on ostracized individuals in ancient athens.  how
does that seem at all important when my secret musical loves are finally
crossing the actlantic and gracing our city with their wonderful presence?
so my plea now, though too late, to anyone still reading this, is what
excuse do i give my professor?
"i'm extremely sorry sir, but you see, this band i've been admiring from
afar is finally fulfulling my fantasies by playing here on saturday.
isn't it obvious that any music apprechiating citizen couldn't possibly
settle long enough to write the paper? i'll have it by next week, i
promise?!?"
ohh......
what to do, what to do.
i'm still so excited, all i want to do sit here surrounded by stuarts
voice and read all of your messages, just so i can get the full belle and
sebby experience one last time before the show...
alright.
i suppose i should go to class.
but any help please...

cheers