Sinister: philly show pre-review?

matthew william snyder mwsnyder at xxx.edu
Fri Oct 23 15:26:28 BST 1998

| Amazing.  Three digests are waiting in my mailbox this morning and not
| ONE description of the Philly show.  I just think it's interesting is
| all, considering how many reviews we got of the Boston show (which is
| great...keep 'em coming).

now that i have wiped up the small yellowish puddle that developed
around my feet after reading this, i can tell you, sir, that in fact
the show is today, hence no reviews.  unless someone wants to post a
review of a concert that hasn't happened yet.  has that been done?  i
smell niche-market.

what's this nonsense about t-shirts being sold out? the supply can't
possibly be exhausted!?  what were they selling for, anyway?  any
other interesting merchandise at the boston show?  i'm just trying to
get an idea of how much money i should bring to the show.

to answer my own question of yesterday, i picked up the cinerama
album, and i must say, it is horrible.  something something humble
opinion something something.  but yes, really bad.  ah, the eternal
question -- get there early to secure a spot near the stage, or
late to avoid the horror of david gedge?

on an unrelated note, the new high llamas remix album that is soon
to be released is good, if you like that sort of thing.  miles better
than the low remix album.  the jim o'rourke track is really good.
except it has those funny bits at the beginning where it sounds like
your CD is skipping even though it isn't, sort of like on "golden
ball" by stereolab.

removing his heart from his throat,
matthew