Sinister: So when the night falls, my lonely heart calls,

Michael Michael.Barrett at xxx.com
Fri Oct 23 19:11:27 BST 1998

Kevan first suggested
>Isaac Hayes ...followed by the William Tell overture.

>Then Michael (me) wrote...
>
>Lets Get It On...Ode to Joy ...1812 Overture

Neil suggested

>Moon Safari, by Air.

Well, yes, but I think Kevan and I were going for a different kind of
atmosphere.  Spoon Safari is probably great for long, languid, hot-summers
nights under a mosquitto net in colonial Africa kind of shag, whereas our
suggestions are much more 18 year old slapper, cheesy disco, 1970's kind of
affairs.  One thing we both failed to mention is that in order for the
effect to work properly you have to look sideways and pull various facial
expressions, Robin Askwith style, at key moments.  This works especially
well if you play the William Tell Overture at 45 rather than 33 (and if you
have a record deck that can play at 78...).

Siete così skinny perché l' unico alimento che mangiate è i marinai dalla
squadra di gioco del calcio dei rangers
Whoops. I pasted that in by mistake, but since other people are putting in
foreign language bits I'll leave it in.

>hey, this is miss grumpy, i-hate-athens girl.
Thats what I meant to paste.  I haven't been paying attention to the US gig
details, but it had been puzzling me why they were playing a gig in Greece
after America.  I feel a bit silly now.

Michael McMichael was asking
>Hm...I was trying to pick a B&S song that sounds wintry.
Someone suggested Modern Rock Song, which I'd have to agree with, but what
about The Boy Done Wrong Again as well?  And just for that moment when the
big fat (and I don't mean American) flakes start to fall, the album version
of Slap Your Cock Around ((C)Nick).  I can imagine that
electronic-ruler-boing kind of effect at the start would sound great walking
home in street-lit snow.

Ooh! I wanna dance with somebody,
  Michael (now depressed 'cause it doesn't snow in Reading like it did in
Glasgow)

PS.  Sorry to any Italians reading this.  That bit was automatically
translated by a computer, so I have no idea whether it actually makes any
sense in Italian.