Sinister: *sigh* twee is SOOO last season!

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Fri Oct 23 22:15:53 BST 1998

Someone wrote:

<<Isabel who seemed to be having some sort of argument with the lead singer
between each song.>>
and anotherperson said:
<<Something seemed to have upset the woman who sings backup, did someone in
the crowd say something nasty to her? >>

um, people are always writing in about Isobel looking miserable
/annoyed/disdainful during shows. Well not *always* writing in, but just
play along with me for now. Maybe she is just nervous, or has to go pee but
can't leave the stage? Maybe because they won't let her dance. Maybe she
hates touring.  Or maybe she's a spoilsport misanthrope. They should get her
one of those lightbox thingies.

<<``Everyone is trying to make it/In this century of fakers.''>>

I kind of prefer that to the original lyrics.

<< So...any fashion advice for when I go on my insane shopping spree in New
York?>>
other than save your money?  oh dear, there's better fashion to be found
where you are!  Clothes here may be cheaper, but there's a reason for
that...

<<I do own a pair of flares now, so I'm half way to being a
walking cliche - I need counsel on cardies...I'm serious about this...>>
I've always found the Gap reliable for those basic bit and bobs and they
strike the nice balance between nerd and chic.  Not to mention everything
there goes on sale 3 days after it hits the shelves.  Surely this is all a
mistake though...B&S fans aren't all really that sartorially... predictable,
right?
Though I am loathe to admit to having recently purchased a pair of
...<whispers it> pedal pushers.  I felt somewhat guilty, having heartily
supported whoever's claim (FluffySarah?) that they are the slacks of
"evil"....(perhaps not vocally supported on the list, but in spirit
anyway)... whaddaya know, they aren't that bad, after all.

<<And the Spice girls once had an effect on me that I really
wouldn't have predicted (and it wasn't even the sublime "2 become 1")...>>
"Mama" bring tears to my eyes each time too, Mark.;-)

BTW, Have a fantabulous trip to New York! hopefully the East Coast Sinister
contingent will treat you fabulously and you'll come away with your newfound
respect for Americans still intact, hehe.

gucci pucci prada,
ta,
tara