Sinister: 'I once bit into a mouse's head and found a bar of chocolate.How odd is that?'

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Sat Oct 24 00:28:25 BST 1998

Hello Bunnies,
how are you all then?

Really? Arab what? With a metal ring?

Well if he's going to talk about such things you'll just have to ignore him.
Now I want NO MORE talk of veiny vinces and captain mainwarings, OK? Honestly,
you're just like your father. Now go and dig the garden, you smell of Oxo, and
your jumpers scare the horse.
         So you were in london fluffy? You should have said so earlier.Instead
of enduring some shite west end show, you could have gone with me to watch the
bungee jumpers in battersea shit themselves. It's my new favourite thing.
There's nothing more amusing than watching 'lads' dangling inverted over the
thames, and watching their smug, pepsi max drinking faces as they realise that
the women on the ground whom they were trying to impress are now kissing the
crane operators instead. Ha! You sporty bastards! Ha! You're not laughing at
my trousers anymore are you?
       Yes, I'm living in the 'glamorous' capital, which contrary to opinion,
*is* in fact open 24 hours, unlike the country town I've escaped, which ceases
to exist after 6pm each night, (and at lunchtime on market days.)
I've got a lovely flatmate, and a lovely flat, and whenever I want, I can put
on a suit, go down to the river bank, and pretend to be Nick Drake. Yay!
  And tomorrow, me and the others are doing our stars in their eyes thang, and
'jammin' and 'funkin' etc. I'll let you all know how we get on.
          Erm, Mick McMick:  wintery songs....I'd say seeing other people- the
ending with the piano going 'plink plinky plonk plonky, plonk plon plonk plon
plonk' sounds like snow falling. The whole first half of sinister's a wintery
sort of LP, I think. Even if it was recorded in the summer. Go on! admit it.
I'm right. All B&S songs are autumnal/wintery, 'cause the sun rarely shines on
the hipster...
I miss the snow. It makes everything look so romantic, it excuses you for
looking at the world through red eyes.
      Incidentally, I dunno how exciting this proper version of Slow
Graffffitti is. It's beautiful of course, but it sounds just like the evening
session version, no added bloopy noises or moogoid wibbles or disco beats or
anything. I'm starting to worry about this band you know. Just recently they
seem to have bought a 'best of Phil Spector' record in woolies and just gone
'great! we'll have that!'
prrrbb. It's all good stuff obviously, it's just that my boat's not floating
as high as it once did. All I ask is for a dash of Electronic Renaisance, some
tinny acoustics for once, some crappy beats...stuart? please?
       right, see you all soon. Maybe I'll have something to say then...  :-)
byebye
seb