Sinister: philadelphia and the nightmare it hosted

; moffeaton at xxx.com
Sat Oct 24 08:01:51 BST 1998

i just got home, it's near 3 am, we left at 5 pm...... here's the story of four sad kids with a dream:
we waited. we planned. we slept in. we worked last saturday to have friday off (but a deadline at work made us go in for a half a day anyway). we bought gas. we drove for two hours. we got food. we drove another hour. we waited outside for two hours. we missed cinerama because of this lame trocadero procedure involving will call tickets. we were happy to get a spot inside unobstructed by tall people, and we learn that the show is cancelled. for the nervous scottish announcer up on stage, i apologize on behalf of that girl standing nearby who shouted "fuck you!!" when you announced that belle and sebastian could not play, emotions were/ are running high and what can you do if your bandmate is sick? i truly hope isobel gets well (or whoever is sick), and i am about to vomit from sadness over driving so far to see so little. all i got out of the evening was a hatred for traffic, some mediocre taco bell, and a nervous hopeful feeling for the dc show a week from now... PLEASE get well soon, if you can't play then, our hearts here in annapolis/ baltimore will break. i have never seen so many sad faces, it was a sea of heartbreak... everyone in line around us had driven from at least two hours away, except that crazed drunken camo-wearing guy who winged his half full 40 oz across traffic, shattering against the curb. this was the thrilling spectacular high point to my evening. sigh. sorry this is a bit fractured, tired and bleary.
see you all in a week at the black cat, jason