Sinister: I'll settle down with some old story ..

THAIAN N TON tton at xxx.edu
Sat Oct 24 18:14:21 BST 1998

Hello beautiful listees,

here is a sad ink polaroid from last night's philadelphia non=gig.

here i am shivering in the cold cos i am a cardigan wearing girl, and i'm
cold, cold, cold, cos we've driven 2.5 hours from baltimore with high
hopes of B&S and we've been playing all B&S for the whole way loud and
clear.  i'm singing judy & the dream of horses, i'm blowing my nose, i'm
thinking how long it's going to take to get to the beginning of the line
cos we were even in the queue around the block from the troc.  it takes us
a good 2 hours to get our reserve tickets, there's that guy with the
platinum hair, the bouncer, yelling at everyone to keep our places.  we
get in and it's a mad house, beautiful hipsters everywhere, and we stand
behind the sound booth and we get the perfect view of the stage and i'm
leaning there, thinking how great it's going to be, full of hope.  then
wee chris come on stage, looking a bit forelorn and says isobel's ill.  we
all are thinking, gee, i hope they can play.  we wait some more,
anticipating the worst but hoping for the best when wee chris comes out 1
hr later to tell us they're not playing.  so sad, i nearly cried big tears
and then the long drive home we played cinerama the whole way to make us
forget our sorrows.

i sure hope they play the dc show and that iosbel gets better swiftly, i
don't think i could stand two B&S disappointments in 2 weeks.

sadly and forlorn, wee chi chi