Sinister: PHILLY SHOW CANCELLED!!!!!!

Mothra mm_kulik at xxx.EDU
Sat Oct 24 19:38:24 BST 1998

butch said:

>An unbelieveable ending to two months of waiting: Belle and Sebastian cancel
>tonight's show at Philadelphia's Trocadero, apparently due to Isobel's
>illness. Here's a short version: Cinerama plays; B&S's equipment get set up,
>which takes about 45 minutes; about 30 minutes go by with nothing but the
>Housemartins playing; people start to get gitated; someone with a Scottish
>accent comes out and says that someone in the band is ill and that she'e
>been taken to the hospital, but the band will be on shortly, sorry for the
>delay; another 45 minutes pass and another person, also Scottish (maybe
>Chris?) comes out and apologizes profusely, saying that the band will not be
>able to play due to Isobel's illness; someone shouts "JUST ONE SONG!" and he
>just keeps saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry , I'm sorry..." and then walks off
>the stage; the lights come on; everyone is told to leave- get your $ back
>where you bought your tickets...

>At this point (midnight EDT, Friday night), I'm too disappointed to
>describe, but I will say this (which is something I think alot of people
>will say): Why can't a nine piece band make due with only eight when 1,200
>people have been waiting two hours in a club for them to play (and God knows
>how many months or even years outside of it)??? If Isobel is truly ill, I
>sincerely hope she gets well. I just don't know if I'll get over this
>anytime soon.

i was there as well...WHAT HAPPENED???  anyone have any further info on
this??  i was quite traumatized and of course disappointed after waiting so
long for this show...what happened to isobel??  is she alright??  and WILL
THEY RESCHEDULE??  i wonder what bearing this has on the remainder of the
tour...it seems to me that if her illness is serious enough to preclude a
performance by the remainder of the band, it wouldn't be surprising if the
rest of the tour meets the same fate...anybody know anything???
moira

**********************************
 Moira Kulik
 Box 906