Sinister: Toronto's cancelled, but come out anyhow

petula twinkle at xxx.net
Sat Oct 24 21:04:45 BST 1998

Dear all in Toronto,

Due to the unfortunate cancellation tonight, I would like to invite anyone
interested to the Duke of Gloucester to drown your sorrows, where myself, jj
heldmann, her friends, and likely others (Lucas? Teri? Sandra?) will be
soothed by the sweet sounds of some Northern Soul dj's as we down our pints
and smoke far too many cigarettes.

The Duke of Gloucester is a little pub tucked above a curry house, and it's
on Yonge Street, about two blocks north of Wellesley, on the east side of
Yonge. There will probably be a sandwich board type thing outside it with
posters advertising the soul night, so you can't miss it.

It goes til about 3 am, I might be leaving earlier for Pearson if (fingers
crossed) my dearest gets on a flight (that's yet another nightmare which I
will probably relate in a drunken haze to anyone who will listen), but
otherwise we should be hanging there for sometime. There's no dancefloor but
we usually clear the tables and cut some rug. Maybe I'll even win the
dancing competition this time--I came 2nd last time!

8 pm, dress up anyhow--we've got our pride. For more info, email me. I'll be
checking my account until about 7 pm.

Get well Isobel.

love elisabeth xxx