Sinister: cancellations

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at xxx.com
Sun Oct 25 01:48:46 BST 1998

These cancellations are terribly bad news, especially because of the
reason.  I hope Isobel recovers quickly, and everyone else stays healthy.
Travel, nerves, and related hazards (poor sleep, poor diet, lots of new
people) can take their toll.

Are they not permitted, by contract, to perform in one way or another if
one member is missing?  Or have the rest of the band refused to perform,
whether out of solidarity or for other reasons?

I don't wish to seem insensitive.  But even if they cannot perform the
show they wanted to perform, it might demonstrate a great deal of respect
for the audience if they were to play in whatever way they are able.  On
the other hand, one could make the argument that if they cannot do the
show everyone expected to hear, then the audience is entitled to get their
money back.  So, I don't know... Also, not all players can fly by the seat
of their pants.  Maybe guitar and voice, for example, would not be a show
that would make them proud.

Well, please post if you hear one way or another about the Chicago show.
Should we meet up at SmartBar regardless?

--Mark

__ Available now: SENSELESS CD on Mindfield Records MindCD03 Cathartium 14
   < Distributed by Dutch East India Trading and Carrot Top Distribution >
   < http://www.xnet.com/~mkolmar/BurningRome > < MP3 & RealAudio tracks >