Sinister: The Show Mustn't Necessarily Go On!

David & Katrina shop at xxx.uk
Sun Oct 25 10:49:46 GMT 1998

PJMiller wrote:

> I would also like to agree with the person who would have
> liked to see David performing a few acoustic songs.
> Preferably with Katrina banging away on the tambourine.

no doubt we would've jumped at the opportunity to help, and oh, the heady feeling
would've been great, katrina and i with b&s backing!

but no, we're in the wrong country. you see we're still at home and the first we
knew of this debacle was when neil (who works for the band) called us to give us
the news and to try and warn the ppl who were heading to the Toronto gig.

to re-iterate for all of you heading to the Chicago show, the band stayed over in
philly (hence missing the Toronto gig) due to Isobel having an allergic reaction
to the anti-biotics she was prescribed that were supposed to fight the flu.

when we spoke to neil yesterday he said that her state had improved a bit and with
all things going as they were, the band should all be in chicago in time to play
that gig. if we hear otherwise we'll let you know ASAP. in the meantime we'll be
phoning them every now and then to make sure things are still OK.

if you're setting out for Chicago and have no idea what to expect, well just jot
down this URL, http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/news/index.shtml
we'll update this page if anything adverse happens and as it's web based you can
check this from net cafes on the way, in the meantime you should presume that the
gig is on.

anyhow, i'll let you all get back to your sundays.

speak to you all later

David (& Katrina)