Sinister: Thought there was love in everything and everyone...

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Sun Oct 25 13:55:38 GMT 1998

Occasionally, I worry about us.  I was lying in bed this morning,
basking in the thrill of getting a whole extra hour today, when I
thought, "I bet people are arguing about this cancellation
thing"...about whether people should be allowed to get pissed about it,
or whether our thoughts or prayers should be with Isobel.

If I can throw in my opinion, I think this is a case for the
corny-but-true "put yourself in their shoes" cheese.  On one hand, I
can't imagine how sick with worry the members of B&S must be for their
bandmate and friend.  Which is a situation we've all been in at some
point or another, and when a good friend is in the hospital, you're
pretty prone to tunnel vision, and it's not likely that while they were
waiting in the hospital to hear about Isobel's condition that they were
wondering how far people had driven for the show, or how long people had
been waiting for it (and how excited they had been).  It's completely
understandable.  But so is the fact that people who had made a huge
event out of the shows (like I have) are inclined to have the first
reaction of anger and to expect Belle and Sebastian to try to give them
at least something.

So all I'm saying is, try and understand how sad and scary it is for
Belle and Sebastian (especially to be going through this in a strange
place), but also accept that different people have different ways of
dealing with disappointment, and for some, it's anger.  So just let
people vent a little, a'fore people start coming out swinging.

There...now kiss and make up.  Now kiss again.  Now with a little
tongue.  And pull your bodies a little closer.  Do you mind if I turn
this camera on?

You're so naive,
     Reid