Sinister: Rather Important Petition

Nicole A. Sakai akemi at xxx.com
Mon Oct 26 04:28:57 GMT 1998

Putneysays at aol.com wrote:

> Dear Belle And Sebastian Listees,
>  sorry to post the list, but I thought this was rather important.
> Please add
> your name to this list, whether you happen to be homosexual, bisexual,
> or just
> a straight person who's disgusted with the recent killing of Matthew
> Shepard
> in Wyoming, like I am.
> Thanks,
> Susannah
>
>  Please consider supporting this supportive gesture towards American
>  Airlines - after all, isn't public health about social justice?

    Susannah-I think you're pretty cool    I think that's pretty
righteous (California slang for "really-kick-ass-in-a-Henry
Rollins-kind-of-way"-sorry guys, but I'm originally from the valley) for
someone to post this. If I can be on a soapbox for a second; I think
it's SO important to speak out and speak up. It's just like Belle and
Sebastian say:"The wider issues of the day
will  pass you by, you're going to pay
for looking @ the soil when people talk to you."
    Maybe that's about being an introvert, but I think it certainly
applies to political introverts as well.
Anyway, I love all of you guys. You're like the family I've never had
(and never met).
Any B&S fans in Seattle?
Anyone offering to make copies of Tigermilk ? :) [i do mean that]
E-mail me. akemi at seanet.com

big hugs and all that,
Jacob