Sinister: Black Friday

Warrander John - FML WarranderJ at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 26 11:40:00 GMT 1998

Hello All,

Oh dear. Sinister-land hasn't been an entirely happy place over
the weekend. But at least it's nice to see some people have shined
in the face of adversity. Petula said:

>Toronto's cancelled, but come out anyhow

What a great attitude. I said she was a nice girl. And I was right.
Lots of other people also showed more concern for Isobel than
their own unfortunate predicament and I think that rules.

FunkySeb mentioned the following:

>'I once bit into a mouse's head and found a bar of chocolate.
>How odd is that?'

Mr Paul Merton said this on British TV at about 10.47pm on
Friday night. It's a funny quip concerning a newspaper article
about a woman who bit into a bar of chocolate and found a
mouse's head. It was delivered in a deadpan fashion and was
quite amusing. Just thought I'd clear that up for non-UK listees.

Earlier in the evening British popkids had their weekly dose of
Top Of The Pops and, surprisingly, the star of the show was none
other than Mr Georgy "Porgy" Michael. Not only did he try and
become Isaac Hayes for the first 20 seconds of the song, he then
proceeded to camp it up in a tight police uniform with some lovely
ladies who managed to lose their shirts during the course of the
video. The one mistake was the re-emergence of that crap 80s
haircut he had in the days of Wham. The video was actually too
raunchy to be showed in its entirety that early and was going to
be shown at midnight or something on Saturday. But I missed it.
Bugger. Great stuff though.

Later in the evening Eurotrash also had a Spanish bloke called
Josmar on who was the unofficial Catalan entry for the Eurovision
song contest and he danced around in a pouch, flapping his
buttocks at anybody who would look. His speciality was singing
about tampons which apparently makes him a hit with the ladies
in Spain.

Doesn't TV rule?

Anyway, Alex McFerguson was a tad vague with the comment:

>at least two of our party seemed quite upset when they cut one
>scene just as Christina was getting out of the bath.

Just to clear things up. I wasn't one of the two. Maybe Robin was
though...

Robin Stout said:

>I was going to speak to the girl, but I'd been grinning inanely at
>her t-shirt for quite a while and I think she thought I was looking
>at her boobs, so I just smiled.

I don't think smiling was the right thing to do Robin. As you get older
though, you'll realise that all real men spend most of their lives
staring
at women's boobs (well, apart from the ones with no willys who just
stare at other blokes crotches). It's nothing to be ashamed of and
should probably be encouraged. You get a special praise award
for using the word "boobs" though, which is in fact my favourite word
in the whole English language. Closely followed by Barbara Windsor.

Love...John

PS A warning for anybody tentatively dipping their toes into the world
of Northern Soul. After a "mammoth" record fair in Manchester at the
weekend I think I can safely report without contradiction that all
Northern Soul fans have hygiene problems and do in fact smell.