Sinister: good things

Honey honey at xxx.net
Mon Oct 26 13:27:41 GMT 1998

I'm very proud of you lot.  I think they call this "courage in the
face of adversity", and I'm sitting up in bed here with my fluffy
toys (one, interestingly enough, sent by a Fluffy familiar to you
all) being quietly smug about how much better a place this mailing
list is to be most of the time than any other I've been on.  Viz my
recent mail to the indiepop list which some of you might have seen
today, and which you are at liberty to take as a rousing defence of
you all and a routing of the sometimes unsmiling infidels (or a
shameful defeat, depending on whether I get trounced or didn't notice
that my trousers were undone).

Nearly without exception, I'm very impressed how people kept their
humour and goodwill about the gigs; I know some of you travelled a
long way and spent a fair wodge of your cash, never mind hopes, on
something that didn't happen.  I'm rubbing poor wee Isobel's tummy
metaphorically as we speak and hoping she gets better quick.  And for
those for whom the disappointment was too much, and well, lashed out
for a minute, well it's understandable too I guess, but I'm glad
there are others here who can speak for what to me seems like the
wider picture.   Starting this list one afternoon when I was bored
often strikes me as the best thing I did in the last 10 years, and
that's because of you lot, because I can tell you it was a
"what-if..?", thursday-afternoon, idle-musing sort of decision on my
part, but look what happened.

So, jelly and ice-cream for tea, and you can stay up late to watch
Starsky and Hutch(footnote 1) when I get better.  Which won't be for
a little bit, so sorry about all the unsubscribes to the list, which
I normally stop and deal with myself, but tell them about the Queen
Mum and the goose from the WWW site if you want.  These emails are a
bit of an effort ("why bother then??" I hear them cry from the
stalls) so I'm not doing much list admin just now.

So not much smut here, and I know there's nothing in the list rules
to say smut is encouraged, but don't let that put you off because I
think I like the kind of smut you all like.  Doctor, give me another
smut injection, I think it's making me better.

Talking of smut, I'll be cheeky and also use this space to thank
Damon for sending me the phone numbers of the Washington football
team and cheerleader squad (I'm easy) who will hopefully pop round
and get all those muscles working again that have been a bit dormant
recently when I'm finally up and about.  And to Kevan, who thinks of
the mind and not the body, and sent me a Winnie The Pooh ink pad set.
You, sirs, are gentlemen and you leave a poor shapeshifting girl with
the vapours a little flushed.

Honey xxx

(1) That was a small plug for Peter Miller's latest artistic
creation, see it now on the Mummy WWW page on the Sinister site.  It
doesn't contain any smut, although I know from a private
communication that he was very much a Hutch crush rather than a
Starsky tart.