Sinister: Shag albums

Andre Vieira alerche at xxx.net
Mon Oct 26 15:50:09 GMT 1998

Then Neil Dewhurst wrote:
>After months of careful persuasion I finally persuaded my girlfiriend to
>listen to Moon Safari, by Air.  After listening to it for ten minutes or so,
>in her usual sensitive vein she cried out - "it's a shag album.  It's
>nothing but a shag album."  At first I was offended that she took this
>outrageously promiscuous viewpoint, but as the album moved on she proved her
>theory to be a very good one, so I had a smoke and wondered if I had the
>energy to get up and press the repeat button.

I've also got "Moon Safari" and I must say Neil's comments are very very
true.  This is doubtless a shag album, and one of the finest.  Other great
shag albums are Jesus and Mary Chain's "Stoned and Dethroned", Björk's
"Unplugged", and Portishead's "Dummy" (perfect for chemically-accompained
shags).  This weekend I gladly discovered the shag-soundtrack virtues of
Spiritualized's "Lazer Guided Melodies".  I was impressed (and so was she).
 On the next morning we followed Kris' suggestion of B&S for the "early
morning, sleepy, oh-hey-all-of-a-sudden-we're-having-sex sex".  My album
coice was TWATTYBUS and it worked pretty well, although the lyrics
distracted me at certain points, making me lose my concentration.

Can anyone help me put together a Top Ten Shag Albums?  Suggetions for
different atmospheres and partners are welcome.

Ah, the smut.

Andre.