Sinister: philly phrustration, the domestics, toronto pub ignoramus

Scott Turner Scott_Turner at xxx.COM
Mon Oct 26 17:20:46 GMT 1998

"I must say though Scott, I've always preferred caring for those you
love above leadership skills and sometimes you have to make hard
decisions in upsetting circumstances that leave you open to criticism
later.  I had a bit much of the leadership skills from Mrs Thatcher.
Just a comment.

honey x"
_________________________________

oh, i whole-heartedly agree with you. I wrote that assuming that isobel had
the same thing that i had for two weeks- in which i had people i loved care
for me alot, while also they were also able to attend to the other
responsibilities in their lives. Thats all i was trying to say. And I'm
also talking from behind a foggy glass of not-knowing just how bad isobel
was when they made their decision- If it was something alot more urgent for
care and attendance to her health than I definitely think they were in the
right for cancelling- maybe i'm just relating her flu/ virus experience too
much to the one I had just gotten over in philly, where i felt like pure
hell in  a toilet, but knowing it was the flu, didn't feel the same urgency
that maybe she did, having the allergy(?) to it and all. Do you rememeber
my disclaimer at the top of the email- I'm sorry if you thought i was being
some general patton type of guy or something- i was really talking about
the complexity of care and responsibilities that I was guessing were there
in the situation. I'm talking about a care and love also that extends
beyond the mircocosm of the members of the band... to us (and, please, give
me some credit, i'm not saying we are more important than her health), and
again, I  don't know all the details of the extent of her illness. I'm just
trying to open up the complexity of repsonsibility of the situation, and am
not trying to oppose care and some Thatcherite expression of leadership.

sincerely
.scott