Sinister: black sessions and things

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Mon Oct 26 16:45:30 GMT 1998

hey kids, i'm not subbed at the moment i'm afraid - just too many things
to do it seems - but i just wanted to say a couple of things: one, does
anyone want a copy of the Black Sessions? i've had like one request,
which seems weird... i hope it's not all falling on the other uK tapers'
shoulders. Who was that again? my memory is shot. Anyway, thanks to
phillipe for organising that... the session sounds great. Anyone who
wants a copy email me please, not the list.

In more news: sad to hear that Isobel was unwell and that some people
therefore didn't get to see the band play. Sad all round :-( I hope that
the copy of the book i am sending her, and the band, cheers her, and
them up. Somehow i doubt it will, but what the heck. Can anyone guess
what book i'm sending? Answers on a postcard (record sleeve) to the
usual addresses. Peter Miller's will do.

Yes, anyone who was and is still interested, my book finally came from
the printers and binders. in a strange quirk of coincidence, some pupils
of mine who were on work experience were involved in the binding...
thankfully all the pages seem to be in the correct order. Sorry if this
sounds like an advert, i just know that a few listees asked that i tell
them when it came out, and i lost their addresses, and erm, sorry...

The Mercury Rev record is lovely.

To those of you who remember the Lovin' Spoonful wars: i met up with the
war crimes perpetrator last week in an Exeter bar. Budvar was exchanged,
and whilst there was a degree of intolerance on my part at mention of
radiohead and oasis, a cease fire was signed. Actually, Jonathan and i
had a fine time and plan to do it all again soon. But without the
radiohead and oasis talk, naturally...

i have to go and write about mailing lists now. what joy.

keep the faith kids,

the duke

--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.tangents.co.uk
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net