Sinister: I turned down dinner with Bernard Hill!

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Mon Oct 26 17:13:15 GMT 1998

Hi all,

Did anyone else in the UK watch the documentary about Brigitte Bardot at
the weekend?

Imagine if someone you had regarded as a close friend for thirty years
started hanging out with the National Front and making sweeping statements
condemning Arab immigrants.  There's a lot of sadness in Sinisterland at
the moment, but none of it can compare to the look on Jane Birkin's face
when she was talking about Brigitte's recently adopted views.

On a lighter note Michael Barrett made a suggestion involving myself and
a one eyed milkman.  This suggestion is entirely unfounded, and I buy my
milk from Sainsburys anyway.

Oh yeah, the Bernard Hill thing.  Well, my dad was playing in a celebrities
versus ordinary people type charity football match.  He was captain of the
ordinary people, whilst the celebrity team featured such luminaries as Zammo
(from Grange Hill), Karl Howman (from Brush Strokes), and best of all Bernard
Hill (star of various Alan Bleasdale things and my favourite actor).

There was a post match buffet dinner and my dad asked me if I wanted to go,
but it was Sunday afternoon so I had to decline.  This was about ten years
ago, and back then Sunday afternoons were dedicated to listening to the Top
Forty on the radio.

Kevan
The Fat Slug

(Final Score: Ordinary People 2 Celebrities 2)